In less than 24 hours 2018 will be upon us and that brings a clean slate with a whole new set of rules. But first it’s time to reflect on what 2017 has taught me. It’s pretty safe to say that this year has taken me on the biggest emotional rollercoaster to date, with highs and lows at every turn.
From attempting to purchase my first home with my boyfriend (which started in February) and viewing what felt like 7592 houses, two of my closest friends welcoming their babies into the world, challenging my professional capabilities, realising family is never NOT complicated, one of my closest friends travelling the world and living her best life down under and learning to never compare my relationship to anyone else.
So here are my 17 lessons of 2017…….
- Accepting its ok to not be OK
- True friendships have no boundaries.
- Making lists is important for my sanity.
- Learning not to care about what others think is key.
- Stefflon Don, Cardi B and RAYE are my guilty pleasure.
- Everyone you meet has a personal struggle you don’t understand – always be kind.
- It’s scary how much can change within 3 months.
- Have more confidence in my own capabilities.
- Family is No.1.
- Learning that stress is not all BAD.
- Having a routine helps me get the most out of the day.
- Opening up my mind to new possibilities.
- Letting go of the hate – it’s not worth it.
- Relationships aren’t meant to be easy.
- Always putting others before myself damages my own happiness.
- Social media will still be there tomorrow and the next day – it doesn’t have to consume every aspect of my life.
- Saying Thank You doesn’t cost a thing.
What did you learn in 2017?